Welcome to the Clark Bonsai Collection
Inside Shinzen Friendship Garden
at Woodward Park
BONSAI GARDEN HOURS:
Wednesday through Friday: 10am-1pm
Saturday, Sunday and Holidays:
*When temperatures exceed 95°, the bonsai garden hours are 10am-1pm.
You may go to the Contact Us page to inquire about garden hours or request an appointment to tour the bonsai garden outside of the posted hours.
Unfortunately we must be closed when it is raining, the air quality is considered unhealthy for all groups, or there are no docents available.
The Golden State Bonsai Federation’s Clark Bonsai Collection at Shinzen is a living museum encompassing the history of the art of bonsai in California and an educational center for the appreciation and practice of the art form.
- To continue the legacy of the Clark Center for Japanese Art and Culture to promote and preserve the Japanese aesthetic and cultural values expressed by the beauty of this art.
- To preserve and maintain a collection of bonsai representing the historical spectrum of styles.
- To be an educational center for the art of bonsai in keeping with the mission of Golden State Bonsai Federation
- To provide continuing education for bonsai practitioners by recognized bonsai masters.
- To provide bonsai classes/workshops for local schools and other interested groups
- To provide our visitors with a serene experience and an introduction to this art through thematic bonsai displays.
- To insure the sustainability of the Collection and its programs by attracting and developing the support of donors and volunteers.
- To maintain a mutually beneficial partnership between the Golden State Bonsai Federation, the Fresno Bonsai Society, the Clark Bonsai Collection, and Shinzen Friendship Garden in furtherance of our common goals.
Clark Bonsai Collection
(inside the Shinzen Garden at Woodward Park, Fresno, CA)
114 W Audubon Dr, Fresno, CA 93720